Is Google Making Us Stupid?

Posted by & filed under Good Reads.

Have you noticed your attention span slipping. What used to keep your full attention now isn’t quite able to keep you focused! Perhaps, you are no longer able to read like you once did, or perhaps you are looking for the “like” button to click on as you are reading. Well, Nicholas car wrote a wonderful article in the Atlantic that really get’s you thinking. It is worth a read. Click here to link to Nicholas Carr’s Atlantic Article. You can also get there by clicking on the image below.
Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 10.20.38 PM

2 Responses to “Is Google Making Us Stupid?”

1. Sharon Sookhai mahadeo

Students feel that committing information to memory is not necessary because they can always “google it”. I had the personal misfortune of attending a young doctors office, where the doctor was constantly checking his computer while trying to diagnose the patient. “Let me check” he would say… needless to say, I totally lost confidence in his practice. Then my friend asked me this thought-provoking question: “Would you prefer for the doctor to rely on his own memory or for him to double-check his prognoses from an on-line resource?” This incident happened six years ago and I am still thinking about the answer.

Reply