Here is how you can add video from anywhere on the Internet into these posts:
- Search the Web for something like “embedding video in html,” and you should find the following link: HTML Videos – W3Schools.
- Copy the code under HTML Video – The Best Solution.
- Paste the code in the Custom Fields Value section below; if you do not see Custom Fields, click on Screen Options near the top-right corner and select it.
- Delete the first three lines, because apparently, this system does not understand HTML 5 code, that is:
<video width=”320″ height=”240″ controls>
<source src=”movie.mp4″ type=”video/mp4″>
<source src=”movie.ogg” type=”video/ogg”>
- Delete the last line, that is:
- Change movie.mp4 where it says data=”movie.mp4″ to the location of the video you want, e.g., http://www.cs.stanford.edu/cslibrary/PointerFunC.avi, so for this example you would end up with data=”http://www.cs.stanford.edu/cslibrary/PointerFunC.avi”.
- Do the same thing where it says src=”movie.swf”.
- Change the height and width to approximate the size of the video.
- Click the Enter new link to give your custom field a name.
- Click the Add Custom Field button.
- Click in your post where you want to put the video.
- Click the Custom Field button.
- Type in the name from step 9.
- Click the OK button.