“Is the Way We Lecture Outdated for Today’s Students?” by Matthew Stoltzfus, Ohio State University – YouTube

Posted by & filed under Education, Strategy, Technology.

I met Dr. Matthew Stolotfus’ during our weekend seminar hosted on the campus of Wagner College, last summer. Lecturing was a necessary educational tool prior to the Gutenberg press, yet many colleges and universities continue to depress engagement of students by continuing in this practice.  With the revolution of engaging practices from business, and needs for “ready-to-go” employees, institutions must rethink their allowance of non-technologically immersed classroom delivery methods.

“Is the Way We Lecture Outdated for Today’s Students?” by Matthew Stoltzfus, Ohio State University – YouTube.

One Response to ““Is the Way We Lecture Outdated for Today’s Students?” by Matthew Stoltzfus, Ohio State University – YouTube”

1. Lauri

Thanks for posting this. Confirms what I believe and practice! I teach future teachers and will show them this video in class when I introduce them to the Flipped Classroom Model. Not only do I show them this method, but also I use this method in my own courses.

Reply