Using Greenscreen for Video Introductions

Posted by & filed under Strategy, Technology, Video.

buffyjamesselfie

The other day, I got a request from Buffy Pilloud, Professor of Yoga and Meditation, to get together and discuss using greenscreen to help her make a welcome video for her students. (Thanks Buffy for letting me share your video with Circles!) Long story short, we set an appointment and met yesterday. I brought my pop-up greenscreen and during our hour-long appointment on east,  we brainstormed, shot, edited and posted the following video to YouTube. In fact, the beautiful garden you see in the background is actually a picture of her home garden that we pulled from her phone yesterday. During our meeting we also discussed techniques for embedding videos and using video everywhere in her Blackboard courses. I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next.

Next week, Circles of Innovation will be offering a session entitled, “Fun with GreenScreen.” The dates and times are listed below if you would like to RSVP (You are welcome to just show up too!). During next week’s session, we will be sharing a variety of ideas for how to use greenscreen in and out of the classroom. We hope you get a chance to join us. We also understand that some of you won’t be able to make the meeting. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me or any of the CTLI Staff to ask about our DIY Greenscreen kits. Each campus has one. I would also be happy to set up a meeting with anyone interested in learning more about the technology, so buffythumbsJust shoot me an email if you are interested.

Upcoming Circles Sessions

East Campus 8-102 Tue Nov 18th 1:00 – 2:00 pm 
East Campus 8-102 Thu Nov 20th 4:00 –  5:00pm
West Campus 6-326 Tue Nov 18th 1:00 – 2:00 pm
West Campus 6-326 Wed Nov 19th 4:00 – 5:00 pm
Osceola Campus 4-308 Tue Nov 18th 4:00 – 5:00 pm 
Osceola Campus 4-308 Thu Nov 20th 1:30 – 2:30 pm 

Buffy’s Video

Special Note: during the first seven seconds of the video, there is a link in the top left part of the screen that will take you to the closed captioned version. You can also get the link to that version in the video information area or by clicking here. 

2 Responses to “Using Greenscreen for Video Introductions”

1. Lauri lott

I gotta do this now. Thanks Buffy for the motivation. James, here I come. I hope you have some free time.

Reply
  2. Buffy Pilloud

Hi Lauri–It was a lot of fun to make. James is a genius and very easy to work with. I can’t wait to see what you come up with:)

Reply