Screencastify

Posted by & filed under How to, Ideas, Video.

Screencasting is a Teacher Trick that should be in every teacher’s toolkit. Simply put, screencasting is recording your computer screen while recording your voice to make a video that can be shared with others. You can make instructional videos, feedback videos, showcase videos, interactive videos and more. While there are many tools that teachers can buy for screencasting, there are now some really great ones that are free and play right in the browser. Below, I have put a quick introduction to Screencastify which is a plug in for the Google Chrome browser. This tool lets teachers and students make screencasts and easily share them to their Google Drive accounts or to their Youtube accounts. Enjoy!

Oh, yeah… and for those of you interested in learning more about screencasting, we have a Faculty Development Course on screencasting which will be available this Dec. Click here for more information. 

Impromptu Testimonial

Special Thanks to Val Woldman for her Impromptu testimonial on Screencastify. Last week, in Circles of Innovation – Mindset & Motivation, we talked about Screencastify. Val went home that night, installed it and sent me a screencast. This morning as I was doing this post, I sent her an email asking her to send me a short screencast as a testimonial and before I knew it, she had created her own training video. I especially love the part where her and her 10-year-old son start drawing on Canada. Click here to go directly to that scene, or enjoy her entire screencast below. Thanks again Val!

One Response to “Screencastify”

1. Lauri

I LOVE this! Was using Screencast-o-matic and having issues. Now I am going to ask my students to create a screencast video using Screencastify instead. Will let you know how it goes! Thanks for sharing this!

Reply